Men who have just married and want to get offspring are required to have quality sperm. Therefore, pay attention to food intake to improve sperm quality. In fact, vitamin D for sperm is needed.
Before and after marriage, men are usually advised to consume certain foods or vitamins. Coupled with vitamin intake, sperm is expected to be produced in large quantities and increase the likelihood of fertilization. Here’s a review of vitamin D for sperm.
Criteria for quality sperm
During this time we always know that sperm that can fertilize an egg is a quality sperm. Well, what kind of quality sperm is it like? Actually, this is the criteria for quality sperm:
Amount of sperm per milliliter of semen
In one milliliter of semen, it is expected that there will be around 15 million sperm cells. If there are fewer cells than this, the sperm will not be able to fertilize the egg properly. Not yet to the fallopian tube, many sperms die.
Form of sperm
- Normally the sperm produced by men has an elongated shape. The front is slightly pointed and the tail can make a good move. If the sperm shape is abnormal, the chance to move will decrease.
- The DNA content in it is not damaged
- If it is damaged it usually cannot enter the cervix.
- Movement of sperm
- Often referred to as motility. Movement of disturbed sperm causes the nucleus cells to not get to the uterus and fallopian tubes to fertilize.
Benefits of vitamin D for sperm
If you look at the various healthy sperm criteria described earlier, vitamin D helps men to provide motility abilities. The intake of vitamins that enter the body will make sperm move smoothly and facilitate fertilization.
Based on research published in the 2007 Human Reproduction journal, vitamin D for sperm has been shown to increase motility. Regular administration of serum vitamin D can speed up the movement of sperm quite quickly. In addition, consumption of vitamin D can also overcome the imperfect form of sperm.
The cause of the movement of sperm is increasing is the presence of vitamin D receptors that exist in the cell itself. When the consumption of vitamin D increases and the body absorbs it perfectly, the sperm will also use it to improve its quality.
Vitamin D deficiency in men can weaken sperm movement. That’s why even though men can have sex many times, fertilization is difficult. This happens because there is vitamin D deficiency.
Foods with vitamin D content
Vitamin D for sperm is very important for health, so fill the intake every day. You can fulfill vitamin D by eating some of the foods below.
- Fresh milk or land.
- Egg yolk. If you have allergies can be slightly reduced or use free-range chicken.
- Healthy beef liver.
- Codfish oil.
- Salmon, sardines, tuna and other marine fish. As long as there is not much metal contamination, these fish can be consumed in large quantities.
- Freshwater or sea shrimp.
- Cereals with added vitamin D.
- In addition to eating the food above, vitamin D in the body can also be produced by sunbathing. Stay in the sun in the morning before 09.00 for 15 minutes. Repeat every day regularly.
That’s a brief review of the benefits of vitamin D for sperm from https://www.vimax.co.id. Hopefully, the review above is useful for those of you who are trying to start a pregnancy program.